Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Once Woman, Now Monster

You've been seeing them making my blog pretty, they are cunning and they are deadly. Let me introduce them to you. These are a group of villains from the 4th and possibly the final instalment of the Metal Gear Solid game, Guns of the Patriots, which is hopefuly coming on June 12th if Kojima doesn't delay it one more time. This is Laughing Octopus and Doc Oc has sh*t on her. We'll know why she is laughing very soon but then I already have a feeling that Snake will be the last one to laugh.





In this version we see Snake in near future. He got old but refined. He will fight (or sneak) his way through enemies and reveal final details about D.A.R.P.A. and Metal Gear project. This is Raging Raven. You remember the badass Raven from the first game with his F16 Vulcan gun; I wonder if there is any relation.

In the new MGS, country A invades country B in the Middle East which is the new venue for Snake's adventures. It sure sounds like something we're witnessing nowadays. This is Crying Wolf. I remember a woman, Sniper Wolf, from the first game; she was a Kurdish militia who fell in love with a Turkish guy from enemy lines who happened to be the Big Boss. I sure am looking forward to find out what made her cry.


These villains were once woman and they transformed into these monsters. They used to help Country A's cause and now out of control or under someone else's. We'll get to know them much better in the game. This is Screaming Mantis and she is my favorite already. Got to love a woman who thinks she's in control.


I studied International Relations in college and the first MGS storyline helped me to get an A+ in a final exam once. I just can't wait to get my hands on the new game. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the best game EVAR!