I've been wanting to build this portable gaming case for a while now.
No more messing around with hotel LCD rear panels or carrying the consoles in backpacks. Now we can take our gaming wherever we go.
Here's the the build details.
1) Military grade, air tight SKB hard case on wheels. Perfect size to fit in the overhead bin.
2) The screen proved to be difficult to find. I finally found a 19" LED TV that can fit nicely inside the lid. It's not a PC monitor, it's a proper 1080p HDTV that I found in Akihabara, Japan with 5mil:1 contrast ratio.
Built in speakers and an options 3.5mm audio output
3) Find the slimmest wall mount for the LCD & bolt it inside the lid.
4) Attach memory foam pieces on the back as seen on the image. Pay attention and don't block the vent or speaker holes. These foams are crucial as they'll provide the suspension the screen needs to not to break in case of impact
5) Find a soft zipper bag for the cables (I used a travel size toiletry bag) Keep all the cables you will need inside this.
6) Case fits the original size and new size PS3s. Cables bag cushion the console. I also put two strip of memory foam on the lower section.
7) Case packs a good amount of controllers and accessories in there as well. I don't use the move controllers necessarily but wanted to see what will fit in there.
8) There is a thin layer of foam between the screen surface and the lower section so they don't contact.
9) You got to plug it to the wall wherever you go. There is no room for battery nor the desire to carry the size of battery to be able to run this gear for few hours.
10) Off we go...
Realized that I want an HDMI system selector in there so I attached a 3x HDMI hub on the side of the lid as well.
Put an Apple TV 2 inside the cable bag and an Apple HDMI to Display port adapter.